BloodbankChong Hua Hospital bloodbank is structurally independent of the clinical laboratory. It operates within the framework of republic Act 7719, an act promoting voluntary blood donation, providing for an adequate supply of safe blood. Advocate of quality in patient care and services in compliance with JCI standards, from American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) and National Voluntary Blood Services Program of Department of health (NVBSP-DOH)
- Take full meals, but non-fatty.
- No alcoholic beverage within the last 24 hours from the time of blood donation
- Drink extra fluids
What to bring
- One valid Identification Card preferably government issued for all blood donors.
- For charity Admin patient-a written note from legal counsel allowing blood donation
- For regular charity- a written note from resident physician
- For package deal patients- a prenatal card should be presented
- Step 1:
Donors fills up a blood donors form.
- Step 2:
Personal Interview with the medical technologist assigned at blood bank reception area.
- Step 3:
Personal data of the blood donor will be encoded in the blood bank's B plus system.
- Step 4:
Physical Examination of the blood donor by a resident physician.
- Step 5:
Blood extraction for complete blood count will be taken.
- Step 6:
Blood donor’s Complete Blood Count will be checked.
- If failed, we inform the blood donor about the result.
- If passed, proceed with Blood Donation for one unit of whole blood.
- Step 7:
After donation, Blood donor will be subjected to a Post – Donation Care.
Chong Hua Hospital Blood bank is open 24/7
If you have any inquiries Please contact:
Josephine Jasmin Ong – Bloodbank’s Section Head
Tel. # (032) 255 – 8000 loc.: 75101 / 76237
Email ad:email@example.com ATTENTION to Section Head