- The hospital pharmacy located at the lobby of Building AB beside the entrance is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with a professional pharmacy staff to assist you, working together with the nursing and nutrition services to provide you comprehensive pharmaceutical services that follows international standards.
- Your safety is our primary concern. Effective January 1, 2010, Chong Hua Hospital requires all parental/injectable medications to come from the hospital pharmacy and all parental/ injectable drugs bought outside will no longer be administered to the patient.
- An 18% discount on the regular price is given to all cash payments, and 8% discount to all medications upon full payment cash.
- Over-the-counter cash purchase will get 18% discount on the regular price.
- Non-over-the-counter inpatient medication will get 8% discount upon full cash payment on discharge accounts.
Hospital Pharmacy PoliciesThe main objective of these policies, is to ensure patient medication safety
IN-HOUSE PHARMACY / CLOSE PHARMACYAll medications administered to inpatients must come from the hospital pharmacy, to avoid the use of fake, substandard or expired medicines.
HERBALS AND NATURAL PRODUCTSThe hospital allows the use of herbal medications, as long as they comply with the requirements and provisions of the Traditional and Alternative Medicine Act of 1997 (R.A. 8423).
SELF-MEDICATIONThe administration of your medication is done by the hospital's nursing staff. However, at the appropriate time, you will be taught and encouraged by your doctor, nurse and pharmacist to administer your medications yourself (ie. Insulin).
- The Chong Hua Hospital Pharmacy will not dispense controlled and regulated medications without the proper prescription.
- Injectable controlled drugs are dispensed for inpatients only.
- Only over-the-counter (OTC) medications are dispensed without a prescription.